Friday, February 29, 2008

Nurse-to-Nurse Communication...

This is the conversation that went down Wednesday morning about 3:30 am between another nurse and me...no lie.

ME: "Hey, Jane, remember Mrs. So-and-so, the patient who comes in all the time."
JANE: "Yeah, the cracked up one?"
ME: "Yes, anyway, she just asked me if I was seeing anyone, and when I stupidly said no, she said, "I have a REALLY nice paramedic friend whom you would get along well with. He's 36 and a lot of fun to be around. Think about it and let me know.'"
JANE: "Hmm..."
ME: "And then she says, "He's got a little bit of a limp from a hip thing that he'll get fixed once he has the money."
JANE: "Dude, if he can't afford to get his hip fixed, how's he going to buy you dinner?"
ME: "Good point."

3 comments:

Deena said...

I'm not so sure about a cracked up matchmaker.

your mom said...

The thing is, she's totally normal...morbidly obese with COPD who doesn't want to take care of her health. She is a social worker, yada, yada...I knew my answer, but couldn't resist telling my nurses. Jane is my age, and we're trying speed-dating next month...should be interesting! :) And for the record, I have nothing against disabilities, it's just that I'm not going the poor and slacker route again.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Good luck with the speed dating....I don't think I would listen to that "matchmaker"...