Saturday, February 16, 2008

Linkin Park

I love this group. I fell in love with them back in Cali in late 2002/early 2003...a friend from middle school had the band linked on her and her husband's blog, so I checked them out and was hooked! This group is from Riverside, CA, and if you ever have the chance to roll through Riverside, do it and shop at the Galleria at Tyler....you won't regret it! I am hoping girlfriend and I will make it there next month on our vacation.

Anyway, I saw Linkin Park at Nationwide Arena with my nurse friend from work, her brother and his friend. In a word: AWESOME. I regret that I waited so long to see them. We had fantastic seats 12 rows up and slightly at an angle. If I was technologically savvy, I would post my video from my phone, but I have NO idea how to do that. We even bought t-shirts...not the ones with the tour dates and such, but fairly cool, girly ones. Being the good nurse that Sarah is, she said, "Look at that guy, he's going to have a stroke or heart attack because he's singing so hard...look at his jugulars!" Thankfully, he did not. These guys are so awesome!

This was the first time in awhile that I've done something that's totally my interest only, you know what I mean? I mean I get much so much enjoyment from girlfriend, but this was something I enjoyed by myself. For the first time in a very long time, I caught myself spontaneously smiling because I was enjoying myself. That hasn't happened very much over the last few years. I decided last night that because I'm in a place where I'm done with school for now, make good money, and am over much of what has happened over the last 8 years, I need to reclaim my life. I make the money to do pretty much whatever girlfriend and I want (and yes, we are moving out in May once her preschool year is over so that we have our own space), don't have any ties to anyone/anything, and have given ourselves time to heal, that it's time to reclaim my life and LIVE it. I lost myself over the last 8-9 years, and the girl who was smiling last night realized how much she has missed, and that's okay because I wouldn't trade girlfriend for anything in the world. But, I need to get back to living--girlfriend and I deserve that.

Who would have thought that a band like Linkin Park would cause so much commotion?!? :)

1 comment:

Mom of 3 boys said...

I love Linkin Park as well they are a great band....I always knew you had good taste, how is everything going...I really miss Ohio....