Sunday, September 23, 2007

Primary Program

Today was the primary program at church and it was girlfriend's first one ever. She was so sweet. At our new ward, the kids sit up front right from the beginning of the meeting, and I didn't realize that she and I were late, well, right on time according to my clock! ;) Anyway, I walked her up front and she sat with some of the other kids and her teacher. She was awesome! Girlfriend sat reverently and would stand up for all of the songs even if she didn't know them. When it was the Sunbeams' turn, she held her picture up for everyone to see. Girlfriend did great, and it's difficult to believe that I have a child old enough for this and that girlfriend will be 4 years old next month. Time flies when you're having fun! Of course, I started to get a little teary watching her, but I maintained composure and enjoyed the program. It felt weird to be the parent...I was the only person in her fan club at church today, but that didn't bother either of us. My friend (whom I was roommates with in college for a few months) told me later, "Of course, Miss Girlfriend did great today." What else are people going to say?!? I mean, of course this child is great--she gets it from me! Ha! I just know that I'll be blogging about her high school graduation before I know it...I'm sure I'll be a mess! Anyway, just thought I'd share.

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

How cute. She looks so grown up. We got our assignments for our program next month... I'm not looking forward to trying to keep all 10 of our Sunbeams under control during the program... I think it will take a miracle.

your mom said...

CQ- Good luck with that! I'll pray for you! :) There were only 3 Sunbeams in attendance today, and there was a teacher and a member of the presidency sitting with them.

Deena said...

She's such a cutie. I can't believe how fast our babies grow up. Mine will turn one next month. Holy cow.