Saturday, September 8, 2007

Ouch

Yep, that's the word for the day. This morning, I got a Facial Peel from my favorite place ever and HOLY HANNAH it hurt! It's been about 15 years since I got one at the dermatologist's office, and my skin NEEDED it. I'd been sporadically getting facials and decided that 1) my skin needs the "extra" treatment that facials can provide and 2) gosh darn it, I am worth it! Ha! Anyway, I asked my esthetician-girl about 3 weeks ago about peels, and of course she was all for it! So, I got a baby-sitter for girlfriend and went this morning. I actually had to ask her to take a break for a second so that I could scratch my eye (translation: wipe the tears) and then I actually prayed that the pain would ease up. She did all of the cushy stuff and put hot acid on my face (okay, maybe not acid) and then did "extractions." That's when the tears and prayers came. Anyway, I had the huge red welts on my face and it was funny b/c the baby-sitter just looked at me like, "I don't want to know where you've been." Good grief it hurt. She wanted me to come back in 2 weeks for more torture, but I opted to wait for 4 weeks until I'm getting my hair cut and kill 2 birds with 1 stone. I may take some Tylenol before going this time!

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

Yeah, I don't think I could do that.

Deena said...

I think it actually is acid that they use. Glycolic acid. Doesn't sound painful. I'll have to remember the truth.

Inalynn said...

My sister had a day at the spa once and said that they torchered her also. I have thought about having it done, but don't know if I want all that pain.