Thursday, September 6, 2007

Cake decorating 101


Oh wow! Tonight, Rochelle and I attended Wilton Cake Decorating Course 1, or something like that. I have wanted to take these classes for about 6 or 7 years now, I now know why I wanted to--this is awesome! The tips that we got just on the first night blew me away...okay, so maybe I'm being dramatic, but it was awesome. I knew the time was coming for me to take cake decorating b/c I made the lovely cake pictured here for Easter/General Conference weekend this past April and when I was taking the picture Mom said, "Are you planning to send that to the Food Network and see if they want your skills?" And then, "Why didn't you make the glaze to put on the chocolate cake first?" Um, maybe because I've never heard of that! Yes, this is why she is my mother and I love her. So, the instructor tonight showed us this totally rad tip and bag that as Rochelle calls it, "cheats." I didn't get it b/c I bought so many other things, and I would like to master the art of doing it by hand first. After I gave my little schpiel about it, Rochelle promptly said, "Yeah, I'm a cheater, and I'm getting it." Who knows? I'm going to attempt my first try this weekend with a red velvet cake...I'll be sure to let you know what the natives say b/c believe me, they will have something to say! :)

3 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

I loved those classes! They are fun. But you will be so sick of cake when you are done. :)

Cindy said...

I just wrapped up the first Wilton class and LOVED it!! I'm enjoying putting my new skills to use for the kids' cakes. I know you'll have fun!

Inalynn said...

So how did your red velvet cake turn out? Did you take pictures?