Monday, December 31, 2007

Happy New Year...

This year should be interesting...for the first time in 10 years, I won't be in college. Don't be fooled...I've already been checking in PhD (in Public Health) programs and mom is working hard to convince me to wait at least until Fall 2009 to start. I will admit that I am having fun spending my money, and not working on homework!!! We'll see...the deadline isn't until March 15 for one place, and I'm not saying anymore until I make a final decision.

I'm looking forward to my birthday because 1) I'm going to see my favorite band ever, LINKIN PARK, with my nurse friend, her younger brother and his friend (this all happens to fall on the weekend before my birthday) and 2) I am buying myself a Coach purse. Yep, totally superficial reasons, but at this point, that's what I'm looking forward to turning 29 for and who knows what can happen in the next 2 months before my birthday. And that's all I'm saying about that at this point...I hate jinxing myself, so I'll be quiet about it.

Girlfriend is great, and I'll have pictures up from Christmas soon. She was a little out of sorts, because Mom and Dad ditched us for the week-and-a-half before Christmas and went to Hawaii for their 30-year anniversary. Girlfriend stayed with Uncle A and Auntie L for a few nights while I worked 3 nights in a row and had a day of class in there, too. Girlfriend kept saying, "I miss my whole family." Mom and Dad had an awesome time and of course, it will be necessary to post those pictures, too. The day that mom called to brag about laying by the pool when it was 12 degrees here was not the BEST phone call I'd ever gotten. :) Ha.

Hmm, I have some resolutions, but nothing I'm going to kill myself getting done. I need some time to just chill out, and we'll be doing that for a week in so Cal in March. But I have things I need to work on as well, but I'm not making a list setting myself up for failure. Anyway, HAPPY NEW YEAR!!

1 comment:

Mom of 3 boys said...

I am glad life is working out well for you and things are good. Stella is growing up so fast. I hope you have a great year ahead.