Saturday, July 4, 2009

I'm not even going to make an excuse...

for not blogging. When girlfriend and I lived with my parents, they had internet and it was easily accessible. Now, not so much...but seeing as I'm saving lives tonight (to the tune of ~$70/hr), and thank goodness it's quiet for the moment, I've got some thoughts running through my head...pardon me if this is a bit personal.

*I'm happy. My life hasn't gone the way I had planned it, but I'm coming to accept that that is okay.
*In 27 days, Dave is making an honest woman out of me...as he says. He also keeps saying that we are going to have alot of fun...I'm a little afraid. :)
*I am completely in love with him. I always thought that someday I'd get married again, but I put that so far into the future and was complacent to be girlfriend and myself even though I'd get lonely at times.
*He makes me feel really good about me...and I've come a long way with this. My self-esteem took a huge hit for about 10 years and Dave has been there to help me rebuild it.
*I really shouldn't have eaten Wendy's for dinner here at work...it made me sick. BUT, I had a leftover chicken sandwich in fridge at work to eat for dinner tonight, but when I got here it was GONE! So, live and learn...should have eaten at home.
*I have made alot of really great new friends this year. I've made alot of great friends since coming to work at OSU in March.
*I love saying to other people at work, "Good enough for government work." They always laugh...probably because I'm crazy for saying it, but hey! It's true!
*I've got the best daughter I could have ever asked for...this kid loves me more than I am worthy of at times. She has no idea how much I love her and have since the moment I found out I was having her...no idea.
*In 3 weeks, 6 days, I'll be privileged to be a step-mother to 2 awesome kids. They, too, seem to love me more than I am worthy of at times. They are good kids, and I truly never thought I'd be in a situation where I'd be a step-mother...never in a million years, but for these kids, I would do anything in this world. Truly.
*I need to get a facial, and need to get it soon.
*I need make-up...I'm low on alot of my things.
* I'm fortunate that I'm able to keep in touch with alot of my friends from my past. They make me think about childhood times.
*I'm so very sad for the loss of the Hewitt kids...I went to middle and high school with their mom and dad...the kids were killed in a car wreck this past Monday and mama is at UGA Medical Center...craighewittphotography.blogspot.com
*I have good co-workers who help and ask for help when they need it.
*In 3 weeks, I will be moving into my first and only home I've ever purchased...you people think I'm being funny when I say they will drag my old bones out of this house. I am not moving, ever, again.
*I think I found our "readings" for the wedding that our friend-turned-reverend has been harping on us to get...hey, tell me when we have the time?!?
*I'm thankful for many of the choices that I have been allowed to make.
*I have the best niece in the world...I absolutely adore this kid!!! And I think there's no one else in this world like her father, either. Always have and always will think that of him.
*I'm glad my patients are sleeping.
*I'm happy that glitter's mama is picking up glitter's daddy from his tour of duty in Iraq...words can't say thank you enough...glittersmama.blogspot.com
*I love that I have great parents.
*I love that Dave's parents have been kinder to girlfriend and I than anyone ever has...they treat us just like we've been around forever.
*Dave and I have dated for over a year...this is huge for me, I get bored quickly.
*I absolutely love him.
*But I will say that while I'm so incredibly grateful to be getting rid of my current last name, the task of changing everything to a new last name seems daunting. Ah well.

I probably should go check on my peeps. Thanks for letting me get that out.

5 comments:

Coordination Queen said...

You don't know how wonderful it was to read that this morning. Being thankful for lots of things is a great way to start the day!

Cindy said...

Elizabeth, I'm so happy for you...that you've found such an awesome companion in Dave! I hope all of your dreams come true with him! Craig and Crystal's situation sure has put a lot of things into perspective in my life, too. Life is good and we must enjoy it in the present. Hope you guys have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Deena said...

Thank you! I can hardly wait. This was a fabulous post.

I knew nurses made good money, but I didn't know it was that good. Rock on.

realmaplesyrup said...

I just wanted you to know I got a good giggle out of a lot of your post. And I can relate to most of them too. I am glad to know there is hope for a happy future. Good Luck with yours.

Mom of 3 boys said...

Hey,
sorry I haven't been on your blog lately or really anyones...I just wanted to say that I am extremely happy for you...congrats...